Libya says NATO hit children commission building

Libyan officials took foreign journalists on Tuesday to see what they said was the result of a second NATO strike in just over a week on a government building housing the high commission for children.

The old colonial building, situated in Tripoli's Dahmani neighbourhood, was completely destroyed but there were no immediate reports of casualties.

The officials said the NATO strike occurred on Monday night and involved a missile.

Two telecommunications towers are sited 100 metres (330 ft) and 700 metres (2,300 ft) from the building, which had been damaged in what Libyan officials said was the previous strike on April 30.

[Source: Reuters, Tripoli, 09May11]

Donaciones Donaciones Radio Nizkor

Libya War
small logoThis document has been published on 12May11 by the Equipo Nizkor and Derechos Human Rights. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, this material is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.